Friday 1 February 2013

The Wait for Dr Dan, Sam or McSteamy


Aah, the month of love, birds chirping & hearts fluttering...this would usually be the point where I say "What B.S" But not anymore! No, I haven't fallen head-over-heels but, I have been inspired by recent love stories I've been told which has awakened my deep down hopeless romantic :)

Being a movie-lover, series-addict and book-worm, I'm always on the hunt for a good story and I'm even more intrigued by love stories - because no two stories will EVER be the same (no matter how generic the formula). I've heard and seen a number of good stories over the years, but 2 real-life ones have stuck with me. The one will be in my book (out 2018) and the other is the beginning of a love story that never actually starts...

Once upon a time (this might sound Chicken Soup for the Soul-ish) my friend arrived back from her overseas holiday and told us the story of her 13 hour flight home. She was seated next to a guy who introduced himself as Daniel. A doctor who works in underprivileged African countries. She described him to be not too bad in the looks department either. Sigh. They might've spent the entire flight chatting but they never exchanged numbers... and that's where the story *ends* I could still slap her!


I don't have unrealistic notions about life and love but I don't think it's a tragedy to "not settle". At the end of my life I hope that there's a huge chapter with my love story, and I know it probably won't feature Fabregas, but atleast I'd want it to be somebody that brings out the best in me and challenges me and makes me laugh, and if he happens to be a doctor who works with orphans, why the hell not?

Basically, what I'm trying to say is: let this month inspire you to really celebrate your love story and if you don't have one... start writing!

Beware the 2nd most indulgent month of the year! But most importantly go out and fave fun!

My Favourite Story:





No comments:

Post a Comment