Monday 25 February 2013

Oh Sh*t, I'm not turning 22 this year...


I'm at that point in my life where I've had to add an "err..." to my age. "How old are you?" used to warrant a simple answer: "15" with a size 6 figure (not my bank balance figure) to match! Now... when I get asked this question I actually have to pause and think about it... "Twenty... errr... two".



It's scary to think that, give or take a zit, puberty is pretty much over and bonds and pension lie in wait. I am now preparing for the quarter-life crisis, with my first major working-world experience coming to an "end" (My internship ends at the end of March) and the hunt for my "Big Break" begins... the pressure is on! Luckily for me I've proved useful at home and my parents are in no rush to force me to learn how to cook 2min noodles.


I realised I was getting old when I started saying how "relaxing" my weekends were... I'm 22 my weekends should be anything but!! But being ocd I need my five-year plans to keep me sane, and just for fun I have a "Before I turn 30 bucket list"



I still have less than a decade to enjoy my twenties so these are some of the guidelines I plan to use to survive becoming a real adult:




1) Don't be scared to have an opinion
You are pass the age where "adults" ask you questions and you answer with your polite "yes" or "no". Now you actually expected to engage in a conversation!

2) On that note: Improve your general knowledge
I'm assuming that if you're reading this you don't live under a rock... Good, now make sure your brain doesn't represent one!



3) Savour your 20's hangovers
When you're 35 it's just a little depressing.



4) Save. Save. Save.
Pull a Scrooge McDuck on your finances. It will come in handy later!



5) Watch cartoons & laugh like you don't have a care in the world!




6) Have breakfast for dinner...



7) Always stay curious!


4 comments: