Friday 12 July 2013

To My Brother On His 17th Birthday





Not only are you everything in the description and a constant reminder of my own aging, but you've become one of my best friends.



You're finally turning into the mature man I wanted you to be when instead you annoyed me so much that I stuck gum in your hair. Granted you were 2 and didn't know any better.

I remember how excited I was when you were born after months of apparently nagging for a brother, something I still contest doing. I remember my excitement subsequently fading upon seeing your piles of dirty nappies and fountains of tears, and of course when you took all the attention away from me...



I remember the time you nearly burnt the house down with an accidental "blue fire" mishap.

I remember the secret "don't tell mommy" pacts and the "let's rather ask daddy" plans...


But most of all I remember that you've provided me with some of my favourite memories, including your hangover at the age of 8, and you're the best brother anyone could ever ask for! Happy Birthday Ryan :)
May you live a happy, prosperous life and enjoy every moment of it! Know that even though I never say it or not as often as mommy wants me to, I love you :)






No comments:

Post a Comment