Friday 9 November 2012

Bits on Everything from "Randela" to Adriana Lima

I miss writing in my journal, I haven't done it in months. Ever since I watched the Notebook, for the first time (768 times ago), I've been obsessed with documenting my life in case one day I were to contract Alzheimer's and forget how awesome it's been thus far. That's partly why I started this blog too, although, being an old soul I miss seeing my handwriting.

The past few weeks have been so crazy busy that I've started falling asleep sitting up and much to my family's amusement, talking in my sleep!
Here's some titbits to use or lose:

Watch or Don't Watch This:
Taken 2
Bryan: "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."
When Liam Neeson spoke those words in the first instalment of Taken I really wished that my father was an ex-CIA agent, not that I’d want to be taken and then rescued, just to know that if it did happen I would be found somewhere in Middle Europe and saved. The first movie made me feel like I was being injected with Red Bull every few minutes and at the same time want to bash the daughter over her head with a sloffie.

I think the best thing about the second instalment is that the daughter develops a semi-personality and her constant, gangly running is put to good use. This time around, her kidnappers’ family decides to take revenge on her father by kidnapping and torturing him. Unfortunately for Bryan (Liam Neeson) his ex-wife and daughter have joined him, after his latest assignment is completed, in Istanbul and now their lives are also in danger.

I’m not a big fan of sequels (hence my luke-warm attitude going in) unless it is completely necessary i.e. “someone has written a really long book or series and because the human race is too lazy to read we’ll spend millions condensing it into 127mins of B-grade acting” Yes, Twilight I’m talking about you.

However, Taken 2 wasn’t that bad. It was relatively well-written and directed and didn’t rely too heavily on references to the first movie. The action scenes were toned down a bit – probably to adjust to Liam Neeson aging slightly since the first instalment. All in all it was a good movie to watch on the big screen, but it won’t be terrible if you have to watch it on the small one. I just hope there isn’t a Taken 3, if anybody does not know how to avoid being kidnapped by now then I don’t know!


Do this workout:
Women'sHealth - Look Good Naked

Be prepared to sweat - alot! This is one of those work-out dvds where you won't want to sit on the couch and only exercise your eyes! (which is what I did last night, stared at my weights and pretended I was lifting them) I must be doing something right though - a person who I see once or twice a week in the lift (that stranger you only ever smile at) says I look like I lost weight (Friday, MADE!)

Admire this:

Adriana Lima in Victoria's Secret
(Photograph by: Timothy A. Clary, AFP)
I think I've been inlove with this woman since her first Maybelline commercials in early 2000's. (In a Non-Ellen way of course). I hope to look this good post-baby one day!

Try to use these:
Mandela Bank Notes

Apparently Madiba doesn't work in parking machines and vending machines yet... aai foei tog, I dream of the day we become a first world country!

Quotes of the week:

"Ek gaan nie R200 betaal vir 'n stink kat nie!" - Michelle on why she won't go to Spier to play with the lion or cheetah cubs.

"Don't give in to petty jealousy's, maybe you're ahead maybe you're behind, but the race is long and in the end it's only with yourself" - Robyn on contemplating life at lunchtime.

And lastly - Food Preservation Tip of the week (Also courtesy of Michele)


 Have a stunning weekend everyone! And by stunning I mean get some sand on your feet :)


No comments:

Post a Comment