Thursday 19 September 2013

Million Dollar Baby


Many people warned me about becoming addicted to "gym-ing". My mom was scared I'd develop a thousand eating disorders and become obsessed with losing weight. My gran did her usual eyebrow-up-"are-you-really-losing-weight"-here's-a-cupcake routine. Jarryd (Le Boyfriend) was scared I'd get Kaley-Cuco-Man-Shoulders and actually beat him at something (current score 2-1). But alas, I have not become the get-up-at-4am-run-37km-in-my-pink-hot-shorts and then lift-30kg-dumbells-until-my-veins-pop gym-addict, I have, however, become addicted to my boxing training...



 Not only is it the best all-round workout routines I've ever come across, it's also great fun! And because of my great height advantage (a staggering 1.53cm) I get to punch people in the gut twice a week and imagine that they are whoever had the honour of annoying me that day. Being in a class environment is also beneficial in that you feel part of a little family that provides stress relief, we learn from each other and support one another. It's also amazing to know that the next fool to touch my satchel will leave with a broken nose and blue eye...
 I joined boxing with my self-made trainer friend Staci about 4 or 5 months ago. And while we are no Laila Ali we can kinda pack a punch, and just might one day be able to go a whole round without falling into a fit of giggles.


I was always slightly intrigued by the sport. My childhood friend JP and his Muhammad Ali posters and quotes. My old neighbour friend Tracey and her gloves and boxing bag. All got me wishing I could be as cool and as tough. And then I saw my favourite female crush, Adriana Lima, used boxing to keep fit and I thought "wow, that looks awesome" and then I stopped staring...

(Hahaha... Nooooot!)




 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng đi mỹ cũng như dịch vụ ship hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ nhận mua hộ hàng mỹ từ website nổi tiếng Mỹ là mua hàng amazon về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete