Thursday 5 June 2014

Things We Accidentally Teach Our Boyfriends


The other day I was standing at my friend Wendy's desk having our weekly "Water-cooler Gossip / Catch-Up Session" when I told her about a message I'd just received and her reaction was, "oh my word, my husband too!" and voila, this post was born...

When you spend copious amounts of time with someone, naturally, you begin to mimic actions, behaviours & habits, sometimes to the point where a gay guy will use this as his "in", "O.M.G. you guys look like brother & sister". Just, No.

But when I got back to my desk after my 17mins of giggling & eye-rolling with Wendy, it got me thinking, just how much do we end up imparting with our significant other, "accidentally"?

1) How to be an expert sleuth...
I used to think I could give Veronica Mars a run for her money with my abilities, that was until I received the first screen-shots. Haha.

2) How to make the perfect cup of tea (& also a sandwich that is not disgusting)
I'm a very picky eater and drinker for that matter, so finding someone that knows the right water to milk ratio is absolutely awesome :)

3) How to tell the difference between tan & brown...
Yes, THOSE boots are the ones I love, while the brown ones "will do".

4) The perfect "yes I really do approve of your outfit" smile.
Even though he sat for 3 missions of Call Of Duty while you tried them all out only to take the first thing that fell out your wardrobe.

5) The "you're not going out in THAT?" frown with raised eyebrow...
Or the "aren't you glad I won't let you leave the house looking like THAT woman? Her husband obviously doesn't care about her".

6) How to do something without needing the approving, well-done pat on the back.
Sometimes it's nice when the dishes get dried without having to ask :)

7) The pillows might be straight, but they'll never be "Tarryn-OCD-straight", just let Tarryn make up the bed rather. 10 points for being cute & trying though.

8) It's not only chocolate & alcohol that placates me... nachos & guacamole has the same effect.
And knowing at which moments to get them :)

9) Some girlie movies & series has merit!
"You go Glen Coco!"

10) The little things that they think mean absolutely nothing but we think they actually do know the meaning of deep down inside, but really they don't. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment