Tuesday 24 June 2014

About a Blog: I might be a "blogger", but I'm definitely not YOUR kind of blogger

If you drop the word "blog" in a conversation, 1 of 3 things happen. Either, people will ask, "Oh, really? What do you blog about?" Or the person will inwardly roll their eyes, smile, pause and snarkily say "Oh, you also do that?" OR your grandmother will say, "That's nice dear, more meringue?"

To me, blogging started as a hobby for an intern with very little responsibility and it's become part of what I enjoy, every now and then, when I don't have a pressing deadline (which I actually do have, but obviously am avoiding), or someone does something worthy of a good rant (Stay tuned for Shit-Shieda-Says... Sorry mom! Your name fits in that alliteration!) Writing has always been one of my passions. I loved how with a few simple words and stories I could entertain people of all ages, and most of all, make them laugh.

I never wanted to be an ordinary author, or a run-of-the-mill journalist, or anything that anybody else was, and that's pretty much what I've achieved through this blog. It's just me and my daily trysts with love, life and everything in between. So you won't see any tutorials, overly exaggerated poses in clothing that is "so last year" anyway, or a desperate attempt at getting free things, although if anyone at Jaguar reads this... I have space for a xfrs in my garage, electric blue if you will...

In this digital age people are bombarded with information at every single turn. I'm not "hating on", "dissing" or whatever the pc-term is these days, or disrespecting other blogs, I'm just saying: don't lose your identity trying to be something or someone you're not, you're worth so much more than that! Also, stop being boring, stop being afraid to say what's actually on your mind and stop being afraid of being REAL.

Also, listen to Sam Smith... he sings what I feel... Well, today anyway...


No comments:

Post a Comment