Friday 21 February 2014

I am a woman...therefore.... I should not, may not, must not, CANNOT...


Inspired by a recent spate of angry tweets on my TL & an incident involving my juicebox being violated (this is not innuendo) I've decided to write this post for my "sisters".
 

Hands up if you've ever felt personally victimized by a construction worker you've had the pleasure to try and avoid in the narrowest of streets? Maybe some other leering creeper in an overall? Cos let's face it the well-dressed creeps reserve their leering to "sly" glances while their girlfriend yacks away unbeknown...

Although, if that construction worker doesn't bother to cat-call or even whistle at you, you must be looking butt ugly that day. Take Note.

This isn't meant to sound like a feminist rant I just feel that sometimes as a woman I'm forced into this type-casts of how I should behave and act without my consent (Not even mentioning the "real" issues of women abuse and rape).  And I'm sick of it.

1) If a strange man greets me, I'm a bitch if I don't respond.
I have no issue with a passing "good morning" but don't follow me 3 blocks screaming at the top of your lungs demanding I reply. If I don't know you I'm sorry I just don't feel the need to get to know you. I strongly apply the "I don't talk to strangers" policy here... especially if said stranger has a hand in his pocket & is licking his lips.


2) When "the game" is on, I should be making a salad for the braai.
No. Just no.
Luckily Jarryd knows to prepare snacks and chill drinks before the match build-up and only ask for refills at half-time... and to steer clear if our team is losing, especially of my colourful language and crockery that might be in the vicinity.


3) If I'm not a size minus zero.five then I'm obese.
Just for the record I have the same bust and hip measurements as Cindy Crawford. 34B 12. Therefore, I am super model size, albeit 40cm too short. And if Jennifer Lawrence is "fat", I want to be "fat".



4) I am female and will thus approach any other female as my enemy.
Women never leave high school, the struggles & issues we had there follow us to retirement: Bullies, Bitches and B.S.
I say enough!

5) And obviously I can't drive...
This one is my favourite. For every decent female driver out there, there will always be some poppie that will stall, roll & cut-out and then mess up her alley docking and drive 7 floors to find a new parking devoid of any "obstacles". (Not inspired by a story shared by the Pereira sisters)







No comments:

Post a Comment