Wednesday 9 January 2013

2013 The Year of the Me, Myself and I

2013 is just over a week old, which means that most of you have already forgotten your Jan 1st 2:37am resolutions – including “no more searching for the one”, “I’m gonna start going to gym” & the infamous “I’m never drinking again”. This year I’ve decided to just skip the part where I make these empty, sweeping statements and instead: just start doing.

If the Chinese are right, which they almost always are, then this year of the snake is supposed to be the yang to the yin of my 2012. I’m choosing to believe that all the hard work, blood, sweat and tears (all literally btw) of last year will finally come to some sort of glorious fruition this year.

I only have 11 weeks and 2 days left as an intern, and then, I’ll either be happily chained to a desk for the rest of eternity or unemployed at home watching Dr Phil in my snuggy… (I don’t have a snuggy). My career will take centre-stage in my life this year, I have my dreams and this will be the year that I start making them a reality. With this as my starting point, I've also decided to start putting myself first for a change. I'm done being a push-over and allowing people to abuse my niceness. (Thank-You Assertiveness Course) Ultimately, I aim to be the same anti-blue-jellybeans;  pro-choice;  staunch Man-Utd supporter;  best daughter ever - person I am, just... better. Much like that Dr Seuss saying I've been seeing all too-often lately, "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."

I don't think I've ever been as excited for a year to start as this one. There are so many things to look forward to this year, and so many things to do! And just a few things I vow to do... (these will not be called resolutions)

1) Use my passport and leave SA land
2) Start my novel
3) Stop making excuses (go to gym)
4) Date without lowering my standards
5) Listen to less Taylor Swift songs :/

Here's to 2013 bringing lots of luck, love, success, happiness and nice smelling people to us all!

My Vision Board for 2013 - Visualizing Goals Make them Easier to Achieve

 Some Pins from Pinterest that will be inspiring my 2013:








5 comments:

  1. This is a really great post! Much enjoyment! Look out world, here comes TarrynJo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to give you a badge that say's "Tarryn Jo's Biggest Fan" One day it will be worth something :p

      Delete
    2. ignore the apostrophe in says. aai tog.

      Delete
  2. Love this post! Thanks for sharing Mish - Taryn just gained a new follower ;) ~ Raylene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Raylene! And thank you for the 7 useful tips that will get me going with my 2013 plans! "Procrastination is a way of delaying the inevitable - a way of avoiding reality." LOVE IT!

      Delete