Tuesday 30 September 2014

5 Reasons Dad Will Always be the Best Chauffeur

I'm used to driving myself around and being an independent woman. But sometimes circumstances dictate that I have to be chauffeured. And to avoid thinking about my impending doom as a my-citi bus passes an eyelash away from my face and the passenger window I (attempt to) bite my tongue and appreciate the service my father so willingly provides. (I swear that was not meant to sound at all sarcastic.) That too. There are some pros though...
1) He is not a woman-driver.
And he makes sure all women know this. Including my favourite back-seat driver: my mom :)
2) He acts as a stylist.
"When are you going to brush your hair?"
"Is that REALLY pants?"
"Why haven't you taken off your pajamas? Is it casual day at work?"

3) He tries to drop you as close to point X as possible.
Even if it means obstructing everyone else. Committing 3 traffic violations to get to the TomTom voice of "You have arrived at your destination."
4) There's a lesson at every turn.
Sometimes the lesson is to turn.
5) If he can't be your knight, he'll send in the Cavalry...
Whether it's 3am or 8pm, he is always on call, or he'll make a call to reinforcements who know to bring chocolate... 
So I guess... thanks, dad :) is it 4.47pm yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment